Cute blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Walls up, siding done!

The annual Schlaich camping trip over Labor Day Weekend was a blast and an appropriate subtitle encompassing the weekend would be "Dogs Gone Wild."  To say the least, having four different dogs in one campsite, two of which were less than a year old, made for some entertainment. We were definitely able to feel fall in the air as nice sunny days turned into chilly nights. 

We also had the opportunity to meet Matt and Bri's exchange student from Thailand. She was very friendly and we hope she had a good time! It was her first weekend in the U.S and I am not sure camping is what she had in mind, but it is how we live and it is  great opportunity. She later commented on how Americans eat a lot. I would have to agree...but in some fairness, camping is not the best example. It does make us think that so much of our culture revolves around food, as do many cultures. Danny and I try to eat healthy, and eat less, but we are not perfect. The fact is, we ENJOY food, and we like to eat, but because of that, we are more careful of how we eat, when we eat, how much, and what it is. I will never say no to dessert, put simply, it is delicous and I enjoy it. But I account for it in my meals and what I eat all day and am careful to not overeat. At some point, I will write more on this topic on a different post.


Moving on to the house :)
As has been the trend, we have continued to visit the house twice a week but there hadn't been much visible change (mostly electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc).  Well... we made a visit on Friday and were surprised to find all of the siding up and drywall done!  Talk about really seeming like a house now, not being able to look through all the walls anymore.  Here are some of the pictures from that visit.  Whether it's because of all the nice weather or just everything going smoothly, our closing date was moved up from Nov. 15 to Nov. 2.  We will be doing our pre-closing orientation walk on the 19th which means we are only 30 days from seeing it all finished!



View of pantry and kitchen area


View of family room and fireplace


View of formal dining room / living room


View of top of stairs, spare bedroom, master bedroom door