What's that you say? THREE Peas in a Pod? That's right, WE ARE HAVING A BABY! We have been going crazy not being able to spread the news, but now we can officially let the cat out of the bag.
Our little one is one of those poor souls to have a birthday in December (poor kid, hasn't even entered the world and we feel bad already). December 8th to be exact, although not so exact since rarely do babies make their entrance on their due date.
Here is a little run down of questions we are already getting:
-Yes, we will find out the gender and yes, we will tell everyone! But you are not getting the name out of us. We can find gender out during our 20 week appointment so some time at the end of July.
- We have chosen to use a midwife, not an OB (although will be referred to an OB if there is any sign of risk)
- Yes, I have had morning sickness. Along with almost every other symptom in the book. I have been exhausted. I run a mile and feel like I completed a marathon. I am bloated beyond belief and feel like I have looked preggo since day one. I call it our little gas baby.
- I hate food, which is terrible because I am normally not a picky eater and I love food. Spinach, vegetables, meat, everything good for me....makes me want to vomit. We can't plan meals because who knows what will sound good.
- However, I am craving sweets and those do not make me sick. Unfortunately I can't, and haven't made a diet of this. But I would if I could. Especially ice cream.
- Anything pickled will make me run a mile in the opposite direction.
- Most importantly, Danny has been AMAZING. He wants to help in any way possible and I am so happy to have him by my side. Thankfully there have been no 2am insane craving runs, but I know he would do it regardless. I couldn't ask for better support.He is so excited about all the changes to the baby, me, and wants to be involved in everything possible. This little one has already become everything to us!
The physical, emotional, chemical and hormonal changes our bodies go through to prep for a baby is so amazing. The baby was only the size of a peanut and still had a huge impact on me. It's all crazy and I have loved every minute of it no matter how uncomfortable I have been at times.
But there is also a lot we don't know yet. I plan to continue work and (GASP) we will send our child to daycare. Unfortunately we don't have family close by that can babysit all day, or even occasionally babysit. We have to figure out our work schedules. We have to fit in the crazy cost of daycare (that is basically a whole mortgage payment) into our finances. We have to learn to be super flexible (will be all kinds of fun with us being such planners!), adjust our lives, depend on each other more than we ever have and pray REALLY hard that we are doing the best we can as parents.
We are lucky that our friends and family are incredibly supportive. We have a world of change ahead of us but we have each other and we are prepared for whatever happens. As we say so often to ourselves; whatever happens, happens and we will figure it out.
And of course, above all else, WE ARE SO EXCITED! We will give this little one all the love we can possibly squeeze out, and then some more, and even more on top of that...and more...
Our little one is one of those poor souls to have a birthday in December (poor kid, hasn't even entered the world and we feel bad already). December 8th to be exact, although not so exact since rarely do babies make their entrance on their due date.
Here is a little run down of questions we are already getting:
-Yes, we will find out the gender and yes, we will tell everyone! But you are not getting the name out of us. We can find gender out during our 20 week appointment so some time at the end of July.
- We have chosen to use a midwife, not an OB (although will be referred to an OB if there is any sign of risk)
- Yes, I have had morning sickness. Along with almost every other symptom in the book. I have been exhausted. I run a mile and feel like I completed a marathon. I am bloated beyond belief and feel like I have looked preggo since day one. I call it our little gas baby.
- I hate food, which is terrible because I am normally not a picky eater and I love food. Spinach, vegetables, meat, everything good for me....makes me want to vomit. We can't plan meals because who knows what will sound good.
- However, I am craving sweets and those do not make me sick. Unfortunately I can't, and haven't made a diet of this. But I would if I could. Especially ice cream.
- Anything pickled will make me run a mile in the opposite direction.
- Most importantly, Danny has been AMAZING. He wants to help in any way possible and I am so happy to have him by my side. Thankfully there have been no 2am insane craving runs, but I know he would do it regardless. I couldn't ask for better support.He is so excited about all the changes to the baby, me, and wants to be involved in everything possible. This little one has already become everything to us!
The physical, emotional, chemical and hormonal changes our bodies go through to prep for a baby is so amazing. The baby was only the size of a peanut and still had a huge impact on me. It's all crazy and I have loved every minute of it no matter how uncomfortable I have been at times.
But there is also a lot we don't know yet. I plan to continue work and (GASP) we will send our child to daycare. Unfortunately we don't have family close by that can babysit all day, or even occasionally babysit. We have to figure out our work schedules. We have to fit in the crazy cost of daycare (that is basically a whole mortgage payment) into our finances. We have to learn to be super flexible (will be all kinds of fun with us being such planners!), adjust our lives, depend on each other more than we ever have and pray REALLY hard that we are doing the best we can as parents.
We are lucky that our friends and family are incredibly supportive. We have a world of change ahead of us but we have each other and we are prepared for whatever happens. As we say so often to ourselves; whatever happens, happens and we will figure it out.
And of course, above all else, WE ARE SO EXCITED! We will give this little one all the love we can possibly squeeze out, and then some more, and even more on top of that...and more...