Cute blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Making our house a home

We made it! We have finally closed on our house after four months and it is SO exciting. We are falling in love with it all over again and have realized that the result was worth the wait. The day we got our keys we set up an air mattress in our bedroom and spent the night. We quickly realized it was a little boring with no furniture, internet, television, fridge or anything to cook with. But nonetheless, we love it and we continue to get excited about it every time we walk in.

Maddie is adjusting. She will usually wait at the bottom of the stairs instead of following us up and down. We are pretty sure she is just lazy. She also doesn't like that she can't see us from any room and watching her on the wood floors is hilarious. I sat on our stairs and she would check if I was okay and then sit beside me, and then check on Danny - she is the best dog! Although we have a small yard, she loves sniffing and exploring everything and I can promise our yard will be squirrel free.

Our house will be quite empty for a bit since we have moved from a one bedroom apartment to a four bedroom house. We have everything we need to live with, everything else is stuff we can buy for fun or get to eventually. Packing is going well and our big move is in two weeks, the weekend before Thanksgiving. Danny and a good friend of ours installed the garage door opener last weekend (the first home project)! It is so different knowing this will be our last move for quite a while, but such a great feeling. We can finally settle in and just enjoy our home. I am so excited about decorating for the holidays, and making it home. I never had this feeling in apartments  I always knew they were just temporary and never put much effort into decorating.


We also went to a corn maze and pumpkin patch with some friends before Halloween. This is becoming a yearly tradition...we all have just long enough to forget how frustrating the mazes are. We spent about an hour finding our way through the maze in the deep and very slippery mud (this beats last years record by an hour)! Despite the obstacles, we really do have a good time! Plus, all the mazes are not far from our new house so next year we will most likely have an after party at our place. 

Here are a few pictures. I you would like to see more of the inside, please email one of us!