It has been a bit since out last post- let's catch up!
We are finally unpacked and moved in. Our house continues to feel a little empty but we are slowly decorating, getting organized, and envisioning more projects for ourselves. We love our house. And to reflect on the holiday season, I must restate how very blessed we are. Danny and I never imagined to have a home this early on, much less a home like ours. We originally intended to be in our apartment for two years and then look to buy a home. However, the stars seemed to align and with the blessings of Danny's job going very well and me being given the chance to leave Regence and start my career at Boeing, we got lucky. I was simply miserable at Regence but God had bigger plans and I trusted them. Things have been wonderful since!
Outside of adjusting to the house we have been busy hosting friends and family. It's felt nice to share our home and break it in. Along with that we are distracted by the usual busy-ness that attaches itself to the holidays. Christmas shopping is almost done; I am lagging on my end but at least I see the end. We bought our first Christmas tree and hung some lights and although we won't be here for Christmas, we simply couldn't resist.
Danny recently finished his second quarter of his MBA program which proved to be much tougher than the first. His financial class was the hardest class in the program and he did very well! It is nice to have it out of the way and winter break has been welcomed with open arms. Overall, his classes are going very well and he is enjoying the challenges.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Portland with Danny's family and are headed out to Spokane for Christmas with my side of the family. While there we are planning to rent skis and hopefully survive a day on the mountain. Danny has skied before but it has been a while and neither of us have been up to the mountain in a couple years. I have always been a snowboarder so this whole skiing thing will be fun... Wish us luck!
Since I doubt there will be any posts until after Christmas we wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Please travel safe!