Only a month in and this year has treated us well. After about two weeks of only one car, Danny and I decided being a one car family was not for us. Congrats to those who can do it but with Danny in school twice a week I felt stuck when he left. Although we both work at Boeing, it also became tough when scheduling appointments, doing anything after work, and getting together with friends during the week.
So we bought a car. It's a Mazda3 hatchback and I love it. It was impossible to decide what the best car would be for us whether a small SUV or a small A to B car. We realized a hatchback would be perfect for the dog, camping trips, and it also gets fantastic gas mileage. We plan to get a roof rack to help keep our stuff in for camping and other things. Eventually we will trade Danny's car for a bigger car but decided to cross that road when it comes. We were trying to plan for the future too much and settled on what will work best for us right now.
Danny's sister and her husband came up last weekend. It was a wonderful visit and we had a great time showing them around. We ended up going to a comedy improv show in Seattle on Saturday night. It proved to be a great time and provided some well needed laughs! It also tested us on our ability to stay out late. Reverting back to our "younger" days meant taking naps in the late afternoon and energy drinks in the evening but it was all worth it.
Danny is doing well in school and just finished midterms. He is working hard and is constantly reminded how tough it is to work full time, study, maintain working out regularly, and keep up a social life. He recently joined a "Biggest Gainer" competition at our gym and is doing fantastic! His goal is to gain more muscle, eat healthy, and not just lose weight. He is currently in third place and keeping up with his diet and exercise.
As for myself, I signed up for a five mile run at the end of this month and am slowly getting my body ready for it. I joined a hot yoga studio not far from us to help with my forever ruined shins and needless to say, it's hot. And sweaty. And a little smelly near the end of every class. I have enjoyed it so far but think I may stick to regular yoga. Classes are an hour and a half which is great, but it can be tough to find time during the week. At least I can check hot yoga off my bucket list!
And so, we are busy but doing well. Life continues to surprise and bless us with every step. Just when we think things may slow down, our calendar fills itself back up but always with things to look forward to!