Cute blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

One step at a time


There is so much to catch up on! First, we would like to welcome our new niece, Ruth Ann Schlaich into the world. My brother Matt and his wife Bri had their first little one on April 14th. Mom, baby, and dad are all doing well. We are so happy for them and can’t wait to meet her over Memorial Day Weekend!

Photo
Proof we were there!



Photo
The beautiful sunset
 We have been keeping super busy. Our latest trip was to Arizona to visit our friends Addie and Peter from college. We had such a great time relaxing, catching up and soaking in some much needed Vitamin D for our Seattle skin. We were able to take a trip to beautiful Sedona where we went on a hike, saw some spectacular views including a gorgeous sunset and ate at Oak Creek Brewery- delicious! It was such a needed trip and great for Danny and I to get out.


Photo

Views from our hike, "Chapel Trail". This hike was next to a beautful chapel overlooking the valley.

Photo

We also want to express our excitement for Addie and Peter because they are expecting their first little one at the end of May. We can’t wait to meet her as well! Thanks again to both of you for being wonderful hosts and awesome friends.

And back on the home front…we are building a fence, still. My family came out the first weekend of April for a visit and to help us get started on our fence. HUGE thank you to all (again), we can’t express how much this meant! The boys did the hard work and put in the posts and rails, and I made sure to feed them with food and beer. Danny was able to take some time off work to help throughout the process and I continued to stain boards. It was a great time all around. Since then, we have been continuously staining boards and putting up pickets. Between us being so busy and the weather being hit and miss, this project seems to be dragging itself out much longer than expected. But, we have one side completed and expect to have the whole thing finished this weekend.


The finished side. We decided to make this a short fence to allow the greenbelt to come through.


Our next big project is to get the yard prepped for grass and then plant and pray to the grass gods that we can show our green thumb for once. Hopefully, by then end of this summer, we will have a completed yard! We just need a BBQ, some tables and chairs, and friends and family to break it all in.

In the meantime, I am painting the guest room. I am slowly getting to one room at a time in the house to decorate. When an idea sparks, I try to run with it the best I can- I never know when the next wave of motivation will hit. Along with that I am training for Beat the Bridge, a five mile run through Nordstrom’s to support diabetes. Let’s hope I make it! Finding time to train has been tough.

Danny is still hitting the books for school. It’s going well and he is great at managing school, work, job, house stuff and everything else. His “Biggest Gainer” competition through our gym has finished and he did great! He is going to stay committed to working with his trainer and maintaining his goals.

Plans for our future? More of the same, but we are still loving every second of it. We hope to mark a few weekends for camping this summer and just getting out in general. Sorry for the long post!