Cute blog

Monday, February 23, 2015

Lent

Pope Francis leads the Ash Wednesday mass , Feb.18, 2015 at Santa Sabina church in Rome.To touch upon this season of Lent, I love this message that Pope Francis has provided. Many times during Lent we think too often of giving up something material and it can feel more like a New Years Resolution, which is not what the season is about. To steal directly from the author of the article below, "If you want to change your body, perhaps alcohol and candy is the way to go. But if you want to change your heart, a harder fast is needed." 

What if we had no material possession to give up, what would we do? As Pope Francis states, "whenever our interior life becomes caught up in its own interests and concerns, there is no longer room for others, no place for the poor." This message provides prospective. 

(I can't make the hyperlink work...copy and paste the address into your web browser)

Pope Francis on Lent

http://time.com/3714056/pope-francis-lent-2015-fasting/


1 comment:

  1. We have friends who gave up wine for Lent. I asked them why. Response: "Well...we aren't Catholic, and we like wine...so we thought it would be easy." Not really a reason in my mind...and I thought it wasn't supposed to be easy! - Heather

    ReplyDelete